There are several things to consider before moving to another country for a shorter or longer period of time. We have collected some of the things that are worth considering for you before you leave home.


For entering China, you will need a Chinese visa. We recommend you to apply for one of the three types: a) a tourist L visa, this type is recommended when your stay is less than 2 months; b) a business F visa  or a student X2 visa , either of these two types is fine when your stay is between 3-6 months.  c) a visa extension will be granted to you under help of the academy when you wish to stay for more than 6 months. You can gather more information or contact your nearest Chinese Embassy. If you are travelling and not possible to apply for a Chinese visa in your own country, you can either apply in a third country or in Hong Kong visa office.

To get a Chinese student visa you will need a JW202 Form (Visa Application of Study in China) and an official invitation letter/admission notice from the academy, we will send this letter by email to you when the reservation fee is received. If you are required to present an original letter, we can mail it by DHL to your address with extra cost of $50. Remember to apply for your visa in good time, preferably start the process least one month before your arrival at the academy.

Visa Extension:

If you wish to study at the Academy for a longer period than you planned , your visa can be extended or renewed easily under help of the academy. An experienced translator from the Academy will take you to the local Foreign Affair/Visa Office, and apply for an extension there. The cost of visa extension varies from country to country, but in general it is about 200 yuan for most countries. If you have any more questions about the visa please feel free to contact us.

Age Restrictions:

If you are under 18 years old, your parents & guardian will need to confirm with us that you can come here on your own. Students who are younger than 13 years must be accompanied by an adult. Any student who cannot travel alone will need an escort. For seniors who are 60 years old and above, you are required to be in a relatively good health condition, and have no severe illness.


There are no vaccinations required to enter China, except for a Yellow Fever vaccination if you are arriving from an infected area. It is best to consult your doctor or a travel clinic in advance of leaving. There might be other vaccinations you’d like to take, such as the Hepatitis and tetanus vaccine (recommended).

In China, local clinics and hospitals are well-equipped and have many western, Chinese and compound medicines. It is convenient to have a medical bag of your own, with things like sunscreen, insect repellent, band aids, painkillers for headaches, some cream or ointment for cuts and bruises, something for an upset stomach or nausea, any prescription or allergy medicine and multi-vitamins if taken.

It can be an idea to go to your doctors office and get a prescription for antibiotics to bring as well as some regular pain killers and things you know how works on your body.


We recommend you purchase a major medical/travel insurance to cover possible injuries(sports injuries), illnesses and home transport from your stay in China. The academy assumes no responsibility for injuries occurring before, during or after training, while under the academy’s supervision. In many countries martial arts are considered a dangerous sport and and extra fee might occur regarding this matter, you should consult your insurance company, or a professional travel agency before departure from your country.

Personal Preparation:

The best thing to prepare yourself is to relax your mind and body. Some additional physical exercises such as running (2km a day or so), cycling, swimming, push-up, pull-ups and sit-ups can also help to prepare you, as well as a proper diet.

In fact any type of sports that helps building up muscles and stamina is helpful.

Don’t despair if you haven’t had the chance to train much before your arrival, you will still be able to participate on equal grounds with everybody else. You should however expect a higher amount of muscle soreness the first week or two, sometimes longer depending on your physique and your body´s adaptation ability (cannot be trained) But as they say, no pain, no gain and you will come out on the other side stronger than ever.

Besides the training it is recommended to do a little research about China and its customs. China is most likely very different from your own country and some students experiences the culture shock harder than others. Knowledge, both about what culture shock is and China, will make the transition easier.  The academy staff has great experience in teaching and understanding international students and will help whenever it is needed.
You can always gather more information about culture shock and about China in general.